HaloSource, Inc. (HAL.LN, HALO.LN), the global clean water technology Company traded on London’s AIM (LON: HALO), today announces the formation of the astrea® Hydration Advisory Board. The astrea® Hydration Advisory Board brings together executives and founders whose experiences span the drinking water industry, consumer products, branding/storytelling, e-commerce, digital marketing and global strategy. The primary function of this team will be to help guide the global rollout of astrea®, the first consumer-facing brand which will offer “functionalized” reusable water bottles and pitchers that make water clean and safe to drink. The Company anticipates the advisory board will meet on a regular basis to support the Company leadership in strategy development, tactical execution and operational excellence.
The 2017 Hydration Advisory Board consists of six highly respected business leaders and entrepreneurs from various industries:
- Vivien Yeung, Chief Strategy Officer at lululemon athletica. Vivien brings a wealth of strategic knowledge from companies including Bain & Co., lululemon and Starbucks and will be instrumental in helping guide astrea’s strategic market entry and international channel planning.
- Mike Airaudi, Chief Operating Officer at Minus-8. Mike is the former Director of Product at Soma Water, Inc. and will help guide astrea’s product and go-to-market strategy. He also brings over a decade of product development experience working with start-ups Incase Designs and Sol Republic, as well as LG Electronics Mobilecomm and Hewlett-Packard.
- Bart Massee, Creative Director of Advanced design and Strategy at Hewlett-Packard. Prior to his current role at the technology and printing giant, Bart was Design Director at Philips Sonicare and Philips Design. He brings with him a wealth of sophisticated product design experience and knowledge to help create premium, winning consumer products.
- Joe O’Neil, former CEO at Newton Running. Joe is a veteran of the sporting goods industry with experience at leading brands such as Nike, Quicksilver, Adidas, Puma and Reebok. He will lend his management expertise to help guide brand-building, product development and high-end retail strategy.
- Erik Viafore, founder and principal of RedStarOne. An experienced executive, entrepreneur and e-commerce expert, Erik founded and led Mountains Plus Outdoor Gear, the online retailer of specialty outdoor equipment, and served as CIO of MedData. His skills will be important in guiding astrea’s digital, logistics and e-commerce strategy.
- Ted Ackerley, Co-founder and Managing Partner of Ackerley Partners. Ted is the co-founder and partner at Ackerley Partners LLC, a Seattle-based private investment firm focused on media and entertainment. With prior business development stints at Clear Channel Worldwide as well as a current strategic advisor to Pure Value, a Chinese e-commerce company, Ted will help us think through our social media strategy and help advise on channel building efforts.
James Thompson, CEO of HaloSource commented:
“I believe the quality of this advisory board reflects the potential opportunity that exists in offering best-in-class hydration products at a time when the quality of our drinking water continues to deteriorate globally. To have a team of world-class leaders that can help us think through the various marketing aspects of launching a consumer brand will be invaluable. I want to thank each of them for joining us in this special journey.”
James Thompson, Chief Executive Officer
+1 425 419 2258
Craig Crowell, Chief Financial Officer
+1 425 419 2248
Liberum Capital (NOMAD and Broker)
Richard Bootle, Jill Li, Steve Pearce
+44 203 100 2222
HaloSource, Inc. innovates and integrates technologies to deliver clean drinking water solutions to partners with trusted brands around the world. The Company works with scientists and industry experts across the globe in search of new ways to improve drinking water quality and has been awarded more than 30 patents for its ground-breaking chemistries, which provide safe drinking water for more than 10 million consumers globally. The Company’s class-leading HaloPure® Drinking Water technology has the highest global certifications, including registration with the US EPA.
Founded in Seattle, Washington, HaloSource has grown to become an influential leader in drinking water purification. HaloSource is headquartered in the US with operations in China and in India. Learn more about the Company’s research and development and future cutting edge technologies by visiting www.halosource.com.
The HaloPure® and astrea® brands are registered trademarks of HaloSource, Inc. All other trademarks, brand names or product names belong to their respective holders.
This document contains certain forward-looking statements relating to the Company. The Company considers any statements that are not historical facts as “forward-looking statements”. They relate to events and trends that are subject to risk and uncertainty that may cause actual results and the financial performance of the Company to differ materially from those contained in any forward-looking statement. These statements are made by management in good faith based on information available to them and such statements should be treated with caution due to the inherent uncertainties, including both economic and business risk factors, underlying any such forward-looking information.